Friday was a damp, dark, and miserable day…a perfect day for quilting! I turned on my little red fireplace, lit my soy candle, and made myself a pot of lemon tea….ahhhh, perfect!
And then I got to work….my “beach ball ” blocks were begging for me to finish them, and with the gloomy weather it was easy to work on those bright, happy blocks. I ofcourse had some “helpers” underfoot!But that’s okay! They know where the cozy place to hang out is too. 🙂
I worked away on those beach ball blocks ( which, after careful consideration and discussion with my mom, are from here on in going to be referred to as beach UMBRELLAS instead ( they do look more like umbrellas, don’t they?!) I am just a little bit in love with these blocks…they were SO easy to put together and went together so quickly, and I just love the bright, happy colors! Now I just need to decide whether I want to separate them with a fabric strip, or put a border all the way around…I don’t have a lot of fabric left from that jelly roll I started with so I have to give this some careful consideration!
After finishing up my beach umbrellas, I moved on to oldest son’s graduation quilt….
That one is coming together very nicely also. I just need a few more blocks and then I’ll be able to put it together. I am really liking the colors in this one too…manly, but still with a few pops of color. Obviously I had a super productive day….the house is a mess because I decided to completely ignore it, but a gal has got to have her priorities straight! Now that my important work is done I will go do some tidying….
But I do want to share one last thing with you all: Back before Christmas I discovered this amazing recipe. ( If I remembered where I found it I would give credit, but all I wrote down was “from the internet”, so apologies to whoever came up with this). It is called Christmas Toffee, but I decided it should be called Awesomely- Delicious- So addicting- Don’t even think about having just one piece- Toffee. The recipe makes a jelly roll pan full and it looks very cute all packaged up in a sweet little container! ( That is, IF you want to give some of it away….)
Here is the recipe:
- Line a jelly roll pan ( like a cookie sheet with an edge) with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Use enough graham crackers ( these are similar in taste to a tea biscuit for those of you who are not familiar with graham crackers) to fill the jelly roll pan ( you might have some gaps at the edges, that is okay).
- In a saucepan bring to boil 1 cup butter ( =227 grams) and 1 cup packed brown sugar(=220 grams), stirring constantly. Boil for 2-3 minutes, then pour over graham crackers, spreading out with a spatula if necessary.
- Place pan in 325* Fahrenheit( =165 *Celsius) oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan and sprinkle 2 cups of chocolate chips (=290 grams) over top.Let melt for a bit and then spread the chocolate out over the entire top.
- Sprinkle with any desired topping ( I have used mini M&M’s and Heath bits, but you could use sprinkles or anything that won’t melt too much from the heat of the caramel.)
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Break apart and store ( I keep mine in the fridge). The recipe says it will stay fresh for 1-2 weeks but it has never lasted more than a few days at our house….
(BE WARNED: Once you try this recipe you will have to keep making it and making it because it is SO addictive….and not only will your own family want you to make it, so will all of your/their friends. Just want to let you know what you’re in for!)
Until next time!