I should start off by saying that this is definitely NOT bread! This is cake, and it might possibly be the most delicious cake I have ever had! Think pound cake and apple pie mashed together….YUMMM! This is the note I wrote to myself in the margin: “This gets eaten very fast so make 2!”~ So if you want 2, double the recipe…it’s worth it 😉
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix these together and set aside.
- One large apple, peeled and finely chopped
Set this aside along with the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
Combine these in a mixer until smooth, now add
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
After these are mixed in, add:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 * Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the chopped apple and half of the br. sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Pour remaining batter over top. Top with remaining apple and br.sugar/cinnamon mix. Pat topping into batter.
- Bake at 350* F for 50 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pan. ( I actually keep mine in the pan, because it is so moist and crumbly!)